1. 程式人生 > >TPO-11 C2 Work for the biology committee

TPO-11 C2 Work for the biology committee

committee 委員會
representative 代表
department secretary 系裡的祕書
applicant 申請人

TPO-11 C2 Work for the biology committee

第 1 段
1.Listen to a conversation between a student and a Professor.
聽一段學生和教授之間的對話。
第 2 段
1.Hi professor Atkins, you wanted to see me.
嗨,教授,你要見我?
第 3 段
1.Hi Bill. Thanks for coming.
你好 Bill,謝謝你來見我。
2.I want to talk to you about...
我想要跟你談談⋯⋯
第 4 段
1.Is there something wrong with my research paper?
我的調查論文有問題嗎?
第 5 段
1.No, not at all, in fact it's very good. That's why I want to talk to you.
不,一點也不。事實上它寫的很好。這是為什麼我想要跟你談談。
第 6 段
1.Oh, thanks.
哦,謝謝。
第 7 段
1.I think you know that the department is looking to hire a new professor.
我想你知道我們部門在招聘一個新教授,
2.Are you familiar with our hiring process?
你瞭解招聘的流程嗎?
第 8 段
1.No, but what's that got to do with me?
不太瞭解。但這跟我有什麼關係呢?
第 9 段
1.Well, Bill, we have several qualified applicants we are serious about.


嗯,Bill,我們已經有了幾個有資格的應聘者。
2.And as part of the interview process, we have to meet with a committee of professors and students in our department.
在這環節的面試中我們需要一個由我們系教授和學生組成的委員會,
3.They also have to give a talk.
他們需要(給委員會)做一個演講。
第 10 段
1.You mean, like a lecture?
你的意思是來講一節課?
第 11 段
1.Yes, like a sample lecture on one of their academic interests.
對,像是一個人在他學術領域裡的一次試講。
第 12 段
1.Oh, see you can see their teaching style.
所以你能看到他的講課風格?
第 13 段
1.Exactly.
沒錯。
第 14 段
1.Uh-huh... Make sense.
嗯,這很合理。
第 15 段
1.So I'd like to know if you'd be willing to join us as a student representative on the interview committee.

所以我想知道你是否更願意作為學生代表來參加這個面試委員會。
2.It'd be a good experience for you. You could put it on your resume.
這對你來說會是個很好的經歷,你可以把它寫進你的簡歷裡。
第 16 段
1.Oh... that'd look good for my grad school application, I guess.
哦⋯⋯這樣有利於我的研究生申請,我想。
2.So, what do I have to do?
那麼,我該做些什麼呢?
第 17 段
1.The department secretary will give you a schedule of the applicant's visits.

如果你有時間,系裡的祕書會給你一份應聘者的論文和日程安排。
2.If you are free, we'd like you to attend their talks and then later you can give us your opinion.
我們希望你出席我們的談話會,之後告訴我們你的想法。
3.Oh and we usually serve lunch or snacks depending on what time the talk is.
噢,而且我們通常提供午飯和零食,視時間而定。
第 18 段
1.Cool, that's another good reason to do this.
好,這也是一個參加的好理由。
2.Um... when is the next talk?
嗯⋯⋯下一次談話會是什麼時候?
第 19 段
1.We actually haven't had any yet, the first one is next Friday at 10 AM, then lunch,and then the formal discussion with the applicant right after.
事實上我們一個會還沒開。第一個會是在下週五,上午十點,接著是午餐,然後是正 式的討論,之後還有應聘者。
第 20 段
1.Oh well, I'm free on Fridays.
我週五有空,
2.If all the talks are on Fridays, I will be able to make it to all of them.
如果所有的談話都是在週五,我就可以全都到場。
第 21 段
1.That's great. Now you should know that this job candidate is interested in the life cycles in the forest.
那太好了,現在你需要知道,這位應聘者的研究方向是樹林中的生物圈。
第 22 段
1.That's what my research about.
那是我論文的主題。
第 23 段
1.Yes, I know, that's why I feel it's necessary to point out that even though this applicants' research interests are similar to yours, we want you to tell us what you think about the teaching of all these applicants.
對,這就是為什麼我覺得必須指出,即使這些應聘者的研究方向跟你的很像,我們想知道你對於他們的講課能力覺得怎麼樣。
2.Your perspective as a student. How the applicant teaches in the classroom, that's what's important to us.
你學生視角中應聘老師在課堂的表現。對我們來說很重要。
第 24 段
1.I understand. So how many applicants are there?
我明白了。那麼,有多少應聘者呢?
第 25 段
1.Let's see... we have 4, all very good candidates, that we will be looking at over the next few weeks.
有四個,都非常優秀,我們在接下來的幾週會一一考察。
2.It's going to be a tough decision.
這會是個艱難的決定。
3.But it'll be a good experience for you, especially if you're going to grad school.
這對你來說也會是個很好的經驗,如果你是在申請研究生時更尤其是。
第 26 段
1.Thank you. It'll be cool to do this.
謝謝您。做這個應該很好。
2.I'll get the copy of the schedule from the secretary on my way out.
我會在出去的時候從祕書那兒拿安排。
第 27 段
1.You're welcome, see you in class this afternoon.
不客氣。今天下午上課見。