1. 程式人生 > >TPO-16 C1 Reserve the room for a rehearsal

TPO-16 C1 Reserve the room for a rehearsal

TPO-16 C1 Reserve the room for a rehearsal

第 1 段
1.Listen to a conversation between a Student and a facilities Manager at the university.
聽一段學生和設施管理員的對話。
第 2 段
1.Hi. I'm Melanie, the one who's been calling.
你好!我是梅蘭尼,剛才我已經電話聯絡過了。
第 3 段
1.From the singing group, right?
是合唱團那邊麼?
第 4 段
1.From the choir.
是唱詩班。
第 5 段
1.Right, the choir.
對,是唱詩班。
2.It's nice to finally meet you in person. So, you are having problems with...
終於和你碰面了,這太好了。恩,你在哪些事情上碰到麻煩了?
第 6 段
1.Noise. Like I explained on the phone we've always had our rehearsals in the Lincoln Auditorium every day at 3 o'clock and it's always worked just great.
噪音。正如我在電話裡所講述的那樣,我們一直以來都把我們的排練安排在林肯禮堂,時間3 點,這個安排一直都還好。
2.But the past few weeks with the noise, it's been a total nightmare since constructions started next door on the science hall.
不過前幾周隔壁科學廳裝修弄出來的噪音,成了我們的噩夢。
第 7 段
1.Oh, that's right. They're building that addition for new laboratories.
恩,是這樣的。他們在添建幾間新的實驗室。
第 8 段
1.Exactly. Anyway, ever since they started working on it, it's been so noisy we can barely hear ourselves sing.
事情確實如此。不過,自從他們開工以後,聲響太吵了,搞得我們聽不到自己唱歌的聲音了。
第 9 段
1.Let alone sing.
除了唱歌呢?
第 10 段
1.Forget about singing, I mean, we keep the windows down and everything, but once those bulldozers get going, I mean those machines are loud.
別提唱歌了,我是說,我們把窗戶關起來,但是一旦推土機開動,那些機器就會發出很大的聲音。
2.We've already had to cut short two rehearsals and we've got a concert in 6 weeks.
我們現在已經縮短了兩次排練的時間,並且我們6 周之後就有一場演出。
第 11 段
1.Well, that's not good.
嗯,情況確實不大好。
2.I'm assuming you've tried to reschedule your rehearsals.
我想你們可能已經嘗試調整過排練日程了。
3.They don't do construction work at night.
他們晚上不會開工。
第 12 段
1.I ran that by the group, but there were just too many, I mean evenings are really hard.
我試過了讓班裡的成員晚上排練,不過麻煩太多了。我的意思是把排練安排在晚上確實困難。
2.It seems like everyone in the choir already has plans and some even have classes at night.
好像唱詩班的成員在晚上都有安排,有的晚上還有課。
第 13 段
1.And what about the music building?
音樂樓那邊呢?
第 14 段
1.You know, originally we were booked in one of the rehearsal rooms in the music building, but then we switched with

the jazz ensemble.
恐怕您也知道,我們本來在那兒登記了一間排演室,不過後來和爵士班換了一下
2.They're a much smaller group and they said the acoustics, the sound in that room, was better for them.
他們組員少得多,那兒的音效對他們更適合。
3.So having us moved to a bigger space like the Lincoln Auditorium seemed like a reasonable idea.
所以,他們把我們換到更大的林肯禮堂也很有道理。
第 15 段
1.But now...
不過現在……
第 16 段
1.All that noise.
就是那些噪音。
2.I don't know, I just wonder if the jazz ensemble knew what was going to happen.
我也不知道怎麼辦才好。現在我懷疑爵士班的人預先知道林肯禮堂附近會大興土木。
第 17 段
1.Well, that wouldn't be very nice.
嗯,這個想法似乎不太好。
第 18 段
1.No. But it really was quite a coincidence.
是的。不過這也太巧了!
2.Anyway, now the music building's fully booked, mornings, afternoons, everything, we just need a quiet space. And it has to have a piano.
不管怎樣,現在音樂樓那邊都已經訂滿了,早上、下午都沒有空位。我們只想找個安靜的地方,嗯,那兒還得有鋼琴。
第 19 段
1.A piano. Of course some of the other auditoriums have pianos, but that's not going to be easy.
有鋼琴。別的禮堂當然有鋼琴,不過安排起來也不容易。
第 20 段
1.You think they're pretty booked up?
你認為那些地方也都差不多預定滿了嗎?
第 21 段
1.Probably. But it can't hurt to check.
很可能。不過查一下也不費事。
2.What about Bradford Hall? I remember a piano in the old Student center there.
布拉福德廳怎樣?我記得那兒的老學生中心裡面就有鋼琴。
第 22 段
1.At this point, we'd be grateful for any quiet place.
到這個節骨眼上了,我們能找到一個安靜的地方就是運氣了。
第 23 段
1.Can you... How flexible can you be on times?
你們能……嗯,你們時間安排夠靈活麼?
2.You said no evenings, but what if I can't find something open at 3 o'clock? Can you move earlier or later?
你剛才提到晚上不合適,如果我找不到3點左右的排練室,別的行嗎?你們能把排練時間調到早一些的,或是晚一些的嗎?
第 24 段
1.I wish I could say another time would be okay, but you know how it is, everybody's already got commitments for the whole semester, 2:30 or 3:30 would probably be okay, but I don't think we could go much outside that.
我也希望別的時間能夠滿足我們的要求,但你也知道事情有多麻煩,每個人都把整學期的事情安排好了。兩點半或者三點半大概可以,這個範圍外的時間我想我們不能接受。
第 25 段
1.Well, check with me more on morning.
嗯,明天早上來找我吧
2.I should've found something by then.
到那會兒我應該能夠找到合適的地方。
3.It might not be ideal...
應該不會有太大問題。
第 26 段
1.As long as it's got a piano and nobody's putting up a building next door, we'll be happy.
只要有一臺鋼琴,並且在隔壁沒有人在蓋樓,我們就會很開心。