1. 程式人生 > >TPO-21 C1 Find a building for orientation

TPO-21 C1 Find a building for orientation

first -h 一個 bit ons field sed 工程 roo

TPO-21 C1 Find a building for orientation
第 1 段

1.Listen to a conversation between a student and a professor.

聽一段學生和教授的對話

第 2 段

1.Excuse me, can I help you?

打擾一下,請問有什麽能幫助你的嗎?

第 3 段

1.You look a little lost. Yeah, I am. This is my first day on campus, and I don‘t know where anything is.

你是不是迷路了啊?是啊。今天是我大學的第一天,我哪兒也找不到。

第 4 段

1.Can‘t find your orientation session?

你找不到入學演講會了是嗎?

第 5 段

1.Uh-huh. What a way to begin!

哎。真不是個好的開始。

2.Lost going to orientation.

我在去入學演講會的路上迷路了。

第 6 段

1.Well, my guess is in the auditorium, that‘s where they usually are.

呃, 我想應該在大禮堂吧,一般都在那兒的。

第 7 段

1.You‘re right, the general ones.

沒錯,但是那個是綜合性的演講會。

2.I went to one of those sessions earlier today.

今天早些時候我去了幾個

3.But now I need the one for my major, engineering.

但是現在我想找關於我專業的入學演講會,就是工程專業

提出了問題

4.My schedule says the meeting room is in... Johnson Hall?

我的日程表上寫著是在, 我看看啊,喬森廳?

5.In the engineering department, which should be right here in front of us, according to the map.

是在工程系,我這地圖上顯示就是我們面前這樓啊

6.But this building is called the Morgan Hall.

可是這樓卻叫做摩根廳。

第 8 段

1.Well, your map reading skills are fine actually.

呵呵,你看地圖的水平沒有問題。

2.This used to be Johnson Hall, all right.

這裏以前的確是叫喬森廳。

3.Trouble is they changed the name to Morgan Hall last spring.

問題是去年春天他們把這該名叫做摩根廳了。

4.So they sent you a map with an old name? I am surprised.

也就是說他們給你的地圖是以前的名兒?有點奇怪。

第 9 段

1.Well, this was actually mailed out month and month ago.

哦,其實這地圖是我好幾個月之前就收到的。

2.I got a second pack in the mail more recently with another one of these maps in it.

最近我又收到了一個郵件,裏面倒是有一張這種地圖

3.I guess they must have the updated name.

我想他們一定是把地圖裏面的地名更新了吧。

4.I left that one in my dorm room.

不過我把它落在宿舍裏了。

第 10 段

1.Well, things change fast around here.

是啊,這裏變化快著呢。

2.This building was renamed after one of our professors.

這座樓是以我校的一位教授命名的。

3.She retired a few months ago.

她幾個月前退休了

4.She is very well-known in the world of physics.

她是在物理學界知名的人物。

5.Too bad for Johnson, I guess.

可憐的喬森。

第 11 段

1.Who is Johnson anyway?

那麽喬森是誰呢?

2.Oh, one of the early professors here.

他是我們這的一名元老級教授。

3.Unfortunately, I guess his ideas are going out of style.

不幸的是,我想他的觀點已經過時了吧。

4.Science kept marching forward.

科學一直在前進嘛。

第 12 段

1.I‘ll say it does. That‘s why I transferred to this university.

確實。這也是我轉到這所大學的原因。

2.I was really impressed with all the research equipment you guys have at the laboratories.

你們實驗室裏的研究設備簡直太讓我心馳神往了

3.You are really on the forefront.

的確是走在最前沿的。

come here 的原因

第 13 段

1.Um... so do you know what kind of engineering you want to specialize in?

呃,那你知道自己想專攻工程學哪個領域了嗎?

第 14 段

1.Yeah, aerospace engineering.

恩,航空航天工程。

2.Well, the aerospace engineering department here is excellent!

這裏的航空航天工程系特別棒。

3.Eh... do you know that this university was the first one in the country to offer a program in aerospace engineering?

你知道嗎?我們學校是我國第一所設立航天航空工程的學校。

第 15 段

1.Yeah, I know. And a couple of students who graduated from here became astronauts and orbited the Earth.

是啊,我知道。而且這裏幾名畢業生還成為了宇航員並環地球航行呢。

第 16 段

1.Right. The department has many prominent alumni.

是的。這個系的確有許多傑出的男畢業生。

2.Well, you might end up taking some of your advanced math course with me.

不過你很可能有機會跟我學習高數課程。

3.I get a lot of students from the engineering department because I teach the required applied mathematics courses.

我有很多工程系的學生,因為我教應用數學的必修課程。

第 17 段

1.Oh, cool. Actually, I want to get a minor in math.

哇塞,太好了,其實我還真的很想輔修數學呢。

第 18 段

1.Excellent. Hmm... A major in aerospace engineering with a minor in math, you‘ll go far with that degree.

那好極了。航空航天工程系,再加上數學的輔修,那你可將前程無量啊。

2.More of our students should do that.

更多的學生應該這樣來做。

3.There are so many more opportunities available in the field when you have a strong math background.

因為如果有了強悍的數學做後盾,那麽在你們這個領域就會獲得更多的機會。

第 19 段

1.I‘m glad to hear you say that.

聽您這麽說我真的很高興。

TPO-21 C1 Find a building for orientation