1. 程式人生 > >TPO-18 C2 Possible participation in a sociology project

TPO-18 C2 Possible participation in a sociology project

serve esp att mis sat 的人 pic self .so

TPO-18 C2 Possible participation in a sociology project
第 1 段

1.listen to a conversation between a student and his sociology professor.

聽下面一段學生和社會學教師之間的對話

第 2 段

1.Well, I‘m glad you redid your outline.

嗯,看到你把你的提綱又重新修改了一遍,我很高興

2.I fed a few comments, but nothing you have to act on.

我加了幾條評語,但沒有什麽你要特別留心的東西。

3.It‘s in good enough shape for you to start writing you paper.

現在的提綱已經夠好了,你可以用它來寫你的論文了。

第 3 段

1.Thanks! At first I was afraid all that prep work would be a waste of time.

謝謝!一開頭我還害怕之前所有的準備工作是在浪費時間。

第 4 段

1.Well, especially with a challenging topic like yours: factors leading to the emergence of sociology as an academic discipline.

嗯,特別是在構思一個像你的論文這樣,特別具有挑戰性的話題—導致社會學作為一個獨立的學科出現的因素—的情況下。

2.There‘s just so much history to consider; you could get lost without a solid outline.

這個問題要考慮在內的歷史情況太多了;要是沒有一個紮實的基礎的話,人很容迷失的。

3.So did you have a question?

嗯,你有事情?

第 5 段

1.Yeah, it‘s about... you mentioned needing volunteers for a research study?

是的,是關於…關於你提到需要誌願者參加一個研究項目的事情。

第 6 段

1.Yep, it‘s not my study. It‘s my colleague‘s in the marketing department.

是的,這不是我的研究項目,而是屬於我在經濟系的同事的。

2.She needs people to watch various new TV programs that haven‘t been broadcast yet, then indicate on a survey whether they liked it, why, if they‘d watch another episode.

她需要一些觀眾觀看各種還沒有播出的電視節目,然後以調研的形式回答他們是否喜愛這些節目,為什麽,是否向看更多同類的節目。

3.It‘d be kind of fun, plus participants get a $50 gift certificate.

這事兒會很有趣,並且參與者會得到價值 50 元的購物券。

第 7 段

1.Wow, well I like the sound of that.

哈哈!嗯,我想這聽上去真不錯!

2.But... so they are trying to predict if the shows are gonna succeed or fail, right, based on students‘ opinions?

嗯,這個項目是想要通過學生的眼光,來預測這些節目是否會成功嗎?

3.Why would they care what we think?

為什麽他們會想要知道我們的想法呢?

第 8 段

1.Hey, don‘t sell yourself short.

嘿,不要把自己看得太低了!

2.People your age are a very attractive market for advertisers who promote their products on television.

像你們這種年紀的人,很受那些想在電視上推廣產品的廣告商的青睞的。

3.The study is sponsored by a TV network.

這項研究是由一個電視臺贊助的。

4.If enough students don‘t like the show, the network may actually reconsider putting it on the air.

如果不喜歡這個節目的學生達到一定數量,電視臺會考慮裁掉這檔節目

第 9 段

1.OK, well, how do I sign up?

好的,嗯我怎麽簽名加入?

第 10 段

1.You just add your name and phone number to this list and check a time slot, although it looks like the only times left are next Monday morning and Thursday evening.

你只要把名字和電話號碼寫到這張單子上,看清楚時間表就好,好像只剩下下周一早上和周四晚上的節目了。

第 11 段

1.Oh, well, I have marketing and economics Monday mornings and Thursday...

哦,我周一和周四早上都有經濟學和市場學的課。

第 12 段

1.OH, you are taking the marketing class? Who‘s teaching it?

哦,你在上市場學課?誰開的?

第 13 段

1.It‘s Professor Largin - Intro the Marketing.

林根教授,課程叫市場學導論。

2.He hasn‘t mentioned the study though.

他沒有提到過這項調查。

第 14 段

1.Oh, well, the marketing department‘s pretty big.

嗯,其實經濟學系很大的。

2.I happen to be friends with a woman who is doing the TV study.

我恰好認識一個研究電視節目的女性朋友。

3.Ok, well, we don‘t want you missing class. How‘s Thursday?

好的,我們不想讓你們缺課。周四怎麽樣?

第 15 段

1.Oh, I work from 5 till 9 that night.

嗯,周四晚上我 5 點到 9 點要上班。

2.Hum, no flexibility with your schedule? Where do you work?

嗯,你們的安排能靈活些麽?你們在哪兒上班?

第 16 段

1.At the Fox‘s diner, I‘m a server.

福克斯,我在那裏做服務生。

2.Oh, I love Fox‘s. I eat there every week.

嗯,我覺得福克斯那家店不錯,我每周都在那兒吃。

3.Maybe you could switch shifts with someone.

如果可以的話,你應該和人調下班。

第 17 段

1.I‘m still in training. And the only night my trainer works is Thursday.

我還在培訓呢!培訓我的人唯一一個晚班是在周四的下午。

第 18 段

1.Look! I know the owners there really well.

我認識那家店的老板。

2.Why don‘t you let me give them a call and explain the situation?

我想一會兒給他們打個電話,解釋一下這個情況,你看行嗎?

第 19 段

1.OK! It‘d be cool to be part of a real research study.

好的!參加到這個項目必定有趣極了!

2.And the gift certificate wouldn‘t hurt either.

而且順便得一張購物券也無傷大雅。

TPO-18 C2 Possible participation in a sociology project