1. 程式人生 > >tpo-09 C2 Return a sociology book

tpo-09 C2 Return a sociology book

check out 在library裡有借書的意思

第 1 段
1.Listen to a conversation between a student and a librarian employee.
請聽一段一位學生和一點陣圖書管理員之間的對話。
第 2 段
1.Excuse me. Can you help me with something?
勞駕,能幫我一個忙嗎?
第 3 段
1.I'll do my best. What do you need?
當然可以,你需要什麼?
第 4 段
1.Well, I've received a letter in my mailbox saying that I'm supposed to return a book that I checked out back in January.
嗯,我已經郵箱裡面收到一封信,上面說我應該一月份就要把書拿回去還。
2.It's called "Modern Social Problems".
這本書叫做《現代社會問題》。
3.But because I'm writing my senior thesis, I'm supposed to be able to keep the book all semester.
但由於我一直在寫畢業論文,我本該整個學期都用到這本書的。
第 5 段
1.So you signed up

for extended borrowing privileges?
所以你想辦理延期還書對嗎?
第 6 段
1.Yeah.
是的。
第 7 段
1.But we are still asking you to bring the book back?
但是我們還是讓你把書還了是吧?
第 8 段
1.Uh-huh.
嗯哈。
第 9 段
1.Well, let me take a look and see what the computer says.
恩,讓我先看看電腦系統上怎麼記錄的。
2.The title was "Modern Social Problems"?
書名叫做《現代社會問題》對嗎?
第 10 段
1.Yeah.
是的。
第 11 段
1.OK. Um...Oh, I see, it's been recalled.
哦,我知道了,這本書已經收回了。
2.You can keep it all semester as long as no one else requests it. But, someone else has.
所以只要沒人需要借到這本書,你整個學期都可以藉著。但是已經有人登記要借了。
3.It looks like one of the professors in the sociology department requested it.
好像是社會學系的一位教授登記了。
4.So you have to bring it back, even though you've got extended borrowing privileges.
所以你要把書拿回來還,儘管你辦理了延期還書。
5.You can check out the book again when it's returned in a couple of weeks.
你可以在幾個星期後,等他還了後再來借書。
第 12 段
1.But I really need this book right now.
但是我現在真的很需要這本書。
第 13 段
1.Do you need all of it or is there a certain section or chapter you're working with?
你是整本書都需要還是隻需要看裡面的某個部分或章節呢?
第 14 段
1.I guess there is one particular chapter I've been using lately for a section of my thesis. Why?
我想我最近的論文寫作需要參考到裡面的某一個章節。為什麼這麼問呢?
第 15 段
1.Well, you can photocopy up to one chapter of the book.
是這樣的,你可以拿那一章節去影印。
2.Why don't you do that for the chapter you're working on right now?
為什麼不現在就拿這本書去影印下你需要的章節呢?
3.And by the time you need the rest of the book, maybe it will have been returned.
等到你需要參考其他章節的時候也許這本書就已經歸還了。
4.We can even do the photocopy for you because of the circumstances
.
根據情況我們可以甚至可以幫你完成影印的工作。
第 16 段
1.Oh, well, that would be great.
噢,那太棒了。
第 17 段
1.I see you've got some books there.
我看你這裡有幾本書。
2.Is that the one you were asked to return?
這本書是你被要求歸還的嗎?
第 18 段
1.No, I left it in my dorm room.
呃不,我把書放在宿舍了。
2.These are books I need to check out today.
這些是我今天要借出的書。
3.Is it OK if I bring that one by in a couple of days?
幾天後再把那本書拿來行嗎?
第 19 段
1.Actually, you need to return it today.
事實上,你今天需要把那本書還了。
2.That is if you want to check out those books today. That's our policy.
才能借出這些書。這是圖書館的規定。
第 20 段
1.Oh, I didn't know that.
噢,我都不知道。
第 21 段
1.Yeah, not a lot of people realize that.
是的,不是很多人知道這個規定。
2.In fact, every semester we get a few students who have their borrowing privileges suspended
completely because they haven't returned books.
事實上,每個學期我們都會遇到一些學生的延期還書期限用盡了的,就是因為他們沒有把書給還了。
3.They're allowed to use books only in the library.
他們只能在圖書館看書了。
4.They're not allowed to check anything out because of unreturned books.
因為他們沒有把書還了,所以不能借出任何書本。
第 22 段
1.That's not good. I guess I should head back into the dorm right now then.
這可不好。我想我現在必須馬上回一趟宿舍。
第 23 段
1.But, before you go, what you should do is fill out a form requesting the book back in two weeks.
但是,在你走之前,你需要填一張表,說明你兩週後要再把書借出。
2.You don't want to waste any time getting it back.
你也不想把時間浪費在重新借書上吧。
第 24 段
1.Thanks a lot, now I don't feel quite so bad about having to return the book.
非常感謝。現在我也沒那麼在意不得不把書還了的事了。