1. 程式人生 > >TPO-10 C2 Return a literature book

TPO-10 C2 Return a literature book

TPO-10 C2 Return a literature book

第 1 段
1.Listen to a conversation between a student and an employee in the University bookstore.
聽一段學生和大學書店員工的對話。
第 2 段
1.Hi, I bought this book at the beginning of the semester, but, something's come up and...I'd like to return it.
嗨,我在本學期初買了這本書,但是,中間出了點事情,我想退回來。
第 3 段
1.Well, for a full refund

, store policy is that you have to return merchandise 2 weeks from the time it was purchased, er...but for science text books or anything having to do with specific courses.
呃,全額退還,我們店裡的政策是在購買後的兩個星期內歸還商品才行。呃,但是對於科技類教科書或者與專業課程相關的書籍呢,
2.Wait...was it for specific course?
等一下,是專業課程的書嗎?
第 4 段
1.Yeah, but actually...
是的,但是……
第 5 段
1.Well...for course books, the deadline is 4 weeks after the beginning of the semester.
嗯,專業課書籍的歸還期限是在學期初的4周內。
2.So for this fall semester, the deadline was October 1st.
現在是第四學期,截止日期應該是10月1日。
3.Ouch, then I missed it.But, why October 1st?
天啊,那我就錯過時間了,但是為什麼了10月1日呢?
第 6 段
1.Well, I guess the reasoning is that by October 1st, the semester is in full gear.
呃,我想是因為學期規劃階段吧。
2.And everyone kind knows what courses they’ll be taking that semester

每個人都知道這學期有什麼課程可以上。
第 7 段
1.I get it.so it's mainly for people who decide to withdraw from… or to change to new courses early on.
我明白了。所以一般是針對那些放棄正在學的課程,然後儘快換新課程的人。
第 8 段
1.Exactly! The books have to be in perfect condition of course.
是的。當然書本一定要保持完好無損才成。
2.They can't be marked up or looked used in any way for the full refund, I mean.
我的意思是可以標上價,或者作為其他用途使用。
第 9 段
1.Well, but, my situation is a little different.I hoped you might be able to make an exception.
呃,但是我的情況有些特殊,我希望你能為我破一次例。
第 10 段
1.Well, the policy is generally pretty rigid
and the semester is almost over.
一般我們的政策是很嚴格的,而且這學期已經快結束了。
第 11 段
1.Okay, here is what happened?
好,是這樣的。
2.Um, I think my professor really miscalculated.
嗯,我想我的教授算錯了。
3.Anyway the syllabus was way too ambitious in my opinion.
不管怎麼樣吧,我們的教學大綱在我來看任務量太重了,
4.There're only 2 weeks of classes left in the semester and there are like 6 books on the syllabus that we haven't even touched.
上學期我們僅有兩週的課程,但是大綱上的六本書我們還碰都沒有碰過。
第 12 段
1.I see.So you're hoping to return in this one.
明白了。所以你希望退還這本書。
第 13 段
1.Yeah, professor already announced that we ++won't++ be reading this one by Jane Bowles ++and all the others I bought used.++
是的。教授已經說我們無需讀一本簡布恩的書以及我買的其他幾本書。
第 14 段
1.Jane Bowles? Which book of hers?
簡布恩?哪本書?
第 15 段
1.It's called "Two serious ladies".
叫做《兩位嚴肅的女人》。
2.Oh, but you should keep that one.Are you interested in literature?
哦,但是你應該留著那本書。你對文學感興趣嗎?
第 16 段
1.Well.I am in English major.
我是英語專業。
第 17 段
1.You are lucky to have professor who includes the lesser known writer like her on the syllabus, you know, not the usual authors we've all read.
你很幸運,因為你的教授涵蓋了像她這樣優秀作家的書目在教學大綱裡面,你知道,她和一般的作家不一樣。
第 18 段
1.So you really think...
那麼你真的認為?
第 19 段
1.I do.And especially if you're into literature.
是的。尤其是你對文學感興趣。
第 20 段
1.Hem, well, this I wasn't expecting.I mean...er, em...Wow.
嗯,我倒沒想這麼多,我的意思是,哇哦……
第 21 段
1.I hope you don't think I'm being too pushy.
希望你不會覺得我太咄咄逼人。
2.If you prefer, you can return the book and arrange for a store credit, you don't qualify for a refund.
如果你沒意見的話,你可以把書歸還回來,然後換取一些書店信用值,你還不能全額退款,
3.Policy is policy after all, but you can make an exchange and you can use the credit for your books for next semester.
畢竟規定就是規定,但是你可以換成你下學期能用到的其他書目。
4.The credit carries over from one semester to the next.
信用值可以從一個學期延遲到下一個學期繼續使用。
第 22 段
1.Hmm...that's good to know, but now I am really ++intrigued(v. 引起…的興趣;使迷惑;策劃陰謀(intrigue的過去分詞)++, I guess that just because we run out of time to read this book in class, doesn't mean that I cannot read it on my own time.
嗯,那也不錯。但是現在我還真的是感興趣了,我想在課堂上我們沒有時間來讀,但不意味著我平時沒有時間讀。
2.You know, I think I'll give it a try.
你知道的,我想讀一下。