New Concept English Two 9 22
The video can be found on the website。
$課文20 獨坐孤舟
190. Fishing is my favourite sport.
釣魚是我特別喜愛的一項運動。
191. I often fish for hours without catching anything.
我經常一釣數小時卻一無所獲,
192. But this does not worry me.
但我從不為此煩惱。
193. Some fishermen are unlucky.
有些垂釣者就是不走運,
194. Instead of catching fish, they catch old boots and rubbish.
他們往往魚釣不到,卻釣上來些舊靴子和垃圾。
195. I am even less lucky.
我的運氣甚至還不及他們。
196. I never catch anything -- not even old boots.
我什麽東西也未釣到過 -- 就連舊靴子也沒有。
197. After having spent whole mornings on the river, I always go home with an empty bag.
我總是在河上呆上整整一上午,然後空著袋子回家。
198. ‘You must give up fishing!‘ my friends say. ‘It‘s a waste of time.‘
“你可別再釣魚了!”我的朋友們說,“這是浪費時間。”
199. But they don‘t realize one important thing.
然而他們沒有認識到重要的一點,
200. I‘m not really interested in fishing.
我並不是真的對釣魚有興趣,
201. I am only interested in sitting in a boat and doing nothing at all!
我感興趣的只是獨坐孤舟,無所事事!
$課文21 是不是瘋了
202. Aeroplanes are slowly driving me mad.
飛機正在逐漸把我逼瘋。
203. I live near an airport and passing planes can be heard night and day.
我住在一個機場附近,過往飛機日夜不絕於耳。
204. The airport was built years ago, but for some reason it could not be used then.
機場是許多年前建的,但由於某種原因當時未能啟用。
205. Last year, however, it came into use.
然而去年機場開始使用了。
206. Over a hundred people must have been driven away from their homes by the noise.
有100多人肯定是被噪音逼得已經棄家遠去,
207. I am one of the few people left.
我是少數留下來的人中的一個。
208. Sometimes I think this house will be knocked down by a passing plane.
有時我覺得這房子就要被一架飛過的飛機撞倒。
209. I have been offered a large sum of money to go away, but I am determined to stay here.
他們曾向我提供一大筆錢讓我搬走,但我決定留在這兒。
210. Everybody says I must be mad and they are probably right.
大家都說我肯定是瘋了,也許他們說的是對的。
$課文22 玻璃信封
211. My daughter, Jane, never dreamed of receiving a letter from a girl of her own age in Holland.
我的女兒簡從未想過會接到荷蘭一位同齡姑娘的來信。
212. Last year, we were travelling across the Channel and Jane put a piece of paper with her name and address on it into a bottle.
去年,當我們橫渡英吉利海峽時,簡把寫有她姓名和住址的一張紙條裝進了一只瓶子,
213. She threw the bottle into the sea.
又將瓶子扔進了大海。
214. She never thought of it again,
此後她就再沒去想那只瓶子。
215. but ten months later, she received a letter from a girl in Holland.
但10個月以後,她收到了荷蘭一位姑娘的來信。
216. Both girls write to each other regularly now.
現在這兩位姑娘定期通信了。
217. However, they have decided to use the post office.
然而她們還是決定利用郵局。
218. Letters will cost a little more, but they will certainly travel faster.
這樣會稍微多花點錢,但肯定是快得多了。
New Concept English Two 9 22