1. 程式人生 > >TPO-14 C1 Locate a political book

TPO-14 C1 Locate a political book

TPO-14 C1 Locate a political book

第 1 段
1.Listen to a conversation between the student and librarian employee.
請聽一段學生和圖書管理員之間的對話
第 2 段
1.Hi, I am looking for this book, the American judicial system.
Hi,我正在找一本叫做《美國司法系統》的書。
2.And I can't seem to find it anywhere.
我好像哪裡也找不到。
3.I need to read a chapter for my political science class.
我上的政治科學課需要讀到這本書中的一章
第 3 段
1.Let me check in the computer.
我查一下
2.Um, doesn't seem to be checked out and it's not on reserve.
額,這本書應該還沒被借走,也沒有人預定,
3.You've checked the shelves I assume.
你已經看過那些書架上沒有吧
第 4 段
1.Yeah, I even checked other shelves and tables next to where the book should be.
是的,我甚至也查看了旁邊的其他書架和桌子
第 5 段
1.Well, it's still here in the library. So people must be using it.
嗯,這本書沒被借走。所以應該是有人正在用,
2.You know this seems to be a very popular book tonight.
你知道這本書似乎今晚很受歡迎。


3.We show six copies. None are checked out. And, yet you didn't even find one copy on the shelves.
我們這裡有六本這書的拷貝版,沒有一本被借出。但是在書架上甚至還找不到一本。
4.Is it a big class?
是上的大課嗎?
第 6 段
1.Maybe about Seventy Five?
可能有大約75名學生吧。
第 7 段
1.Well, you should ask your professor to put some of the copies on reserve.
嗯,你應該叫你的老師保留一些拷貝的書目。
2.You know about the Reserve system, right?
你知道保留書目系統吧?
第 8 段
1.I know that you have to read reserve books in the library and that you have time limits.
我知道要把圖書館中保留的書目讀完,而且還要在限定時間內。
2.But I didn't know that I could ask a professor to put a book on the reserve.
但我不知道還可以叫老師將某本書放在保留書目裡。
3.I mean I thought the professors make that kind of decisions at the beginning of the semester.
我的說,我以為老師們在開學的時候就已經做出這樣做了。
4.Oh, they can put books on reserve at anytime during the semester.
噢,他們可以任何時候保留任何書目。
第 9 段
1.You know reserving book seems a bit unfair.
你知道保留用書好像有點不太公平。
2.What if someone who is not in the class wants to use the book?
如果不是這個班裡的某個人想用到保留的書目怎麼辦呢?
第 10 段
1.That's why I said some copies.
這就是為什麼我說某些拷貝版的。
第 11 段
1.Ah, well, I'll certainly talk to my professor about it tomorrow. But what I am gonna do tonight?
啊,好的。我明天肯定會跟老師說的。但今晚我要怎麼辦呢?
第 12 段
1.I guess you could walk around the Poli-Sci (Political Science) section and look at the books waiting to be re-shelved.
我覺得你可以到政治‐科學欄那裡轉轉,幫忙整理一下那些要重新放到書架上的書。

第 13 段
1.There do seem to be more than normal.
那裡好像不對勁的啊。

第 14 段
1.We are a little short of staff right now.
我們現在有點缺人手。
2.Someone quit recently, so things aren't getting re-shelved as quickly as usual.
最近有員工離職了,所以沒能像平常一樣迅速把歸還的書放到架子上。
3.I don't think they've hired a replacement yet, so, yeah, the unshelved books can get a bit out of hand.
我覺得他們應該還沒僱新員工,所以,是的,那些從書架上拿下來的書放的有點亂。
第 15 段
1.This may sound a bit weird.
這可能聽起來有點奇怪。
2.But I've been thinking about getting a job.
但我一直都在想找份工作。
3.Um, I've never work at the library before, but...
嗯,我還從來沒在圖書館裡工作過呢,但是……
第 16 段
1.That's not a requirement.
不是讓你來頂替離職員工的位置。
2.The job might still be open.
這份工作可能還會對外招員工。
3.At the beginning of the semester we were swamped with applications, but I guess everyone who wants the job has one by now.
開學的時候一大堆人申請,但我想要得到這份工的人現在應該都有工作了。

第 17 段
1.What can you tell me about the job?
你能給我具體說下這份工作嗎?
第 18 段
1.Well, we work between six and ten hours a week, so it's a reasonable amount.
嗯,我們每週大概工作6到10小時,所以工作時間長度合理。
2.Usually we can pick the hours we want to work.
我們經常可以自由選擇工作時間。
3.But since you'd be starting so late in the semester, I'm not sure how that would work for you.
但由於你這學期這麼晚才開始接手,我不太確定這種時間安排符合你嗎。

4.And, Oh, we get paid the normal university rates for student employees.
還有,噢,我們支付的工資是大學裡正常的學生價。
第 19 段
1.So who do I talk to?
那我要跟誰商談這事呢?
第 20 段
1.I guess you talk to Dr. Jenkins, the head librarian.
應該是Jenkins博士,圖書館館長,
2.She does the hiring.
她負責招聘事宜。